Panel: Mr. HH Ariyadasa, Mr. David Graddol, Prof. Ajit K. Mohanty
In this main stage discussion some interesting points were raised. Let us know your thoughts and views on these issues.
1. Advocating a shift away from rote memorisation.
2. English has to be embedded into multi-lingual school education.
3. In their current state, English medium schools are not the solution, and may actually cause failure in the educational system.
4. (A student asks) Isn’t learning four langauges a waste of time? Why don’t we learn science instead?
5. Moving English down to class 1 exposes the educational system at its weakest, most vulnerable point.